Looking for one shower seat that can do it all? You’ve found the answer.
Ruggedly built and sized for any need, MAXBench is the most durable, versatile shower seat available, and with a weight load rating of 1,000 lbs., it has no rival for carrying capacity.
Like all ARC shower seats, MAXBench is hinged, allowing you to swing it against a wall when you want more space to stand or maneuver in the shower. The heavy-gauge stainless steel leg structure conveniently follows in parallel with the seat as it is folded and unfolded.
Independent polypropylene slats provide a slightly flexible, forgiving seat, and transferring onto the seat is eased due to the smooth surface (which also makes cleaning fast and easy). The seat’s extra width and depth improve balance and comfort while bathing.
This unit is built to handle big needs, and to do that it requires a stout wall and a strong floor structure for support. Be sure to securely install strong blocking in the wall to which you attach the seat.
- 1,000 lb. capacity
- Robust, heavy gauge stainless steel legs, rails, and braces
- Thick polypropylene seat slats—strong, slightly flexible, and easy to clean
- Extra-wide and extra-deep seat for comfort and balance
- Fine-tune foot adjustment (+/- ½") to compensate for floor slope
- Plastic feet protect floor and resist slipping
- Seat height range of 18" to 21½"
- Legs adjust in 1" increments
- Space saving—swing against wall when not needed
- Manufacturer's 5-year limited warranty
Please see product specification sheet for details.
Composition: Stainless steel and polypropylene
Capacity: 1,000 lbs.
Overall seat dimensions: 30¼″ wide x 22½″ deep
Seat height range: 18″ to 21½″
Fasteners: Fasteners are not included due to the variety of wall types and thicknesses; ¼″ dia. fasteners of a length appropriate for the wall are recommended; use stainless steel round head or hex head screws in wet area installations; seat must be mounted to substantial, well-secured blocking that is integrated into a wall’s framing, or to other rigid, stong walls; suitable wall materials include structural wood framing, concrete, concrete block, and brick; 2× wood blocking in wall must be fastened to studs using cleats or by securing blocking into notches made in studs and held with screws–toenailing is insufficient.
What You'll Need
- power drill
- measuring tape
- 2× lumber for blocking
- fasteners (#14 round head or hex head fasteners recommended–do not use flat head type fasteners; use stainless steel fasteners in wet area installations; each fastener must be capable of withstanding 77 lbs. of pull-out force; the length of fasteners will depend on the distance to drive them deeply into an appropriately reinforced material capable of supporting the load; drive a fastener into every mounting bracket pilot hole)
How does the seat stay upright?
The seat swings past 90° and leans toward the wall, and will remain there until someone swings it down for use.
Is there a pad available?
There is no pad available for this seat.