TrueDEK® Classic Drains
TrueDEK® Classic drain assemblies provide an attractive decorative centerpiece for your tile, stone, or vinyl shower floor, and they ensure leak-free drainage.
Constructed of ABS plastic and stainless steel, each drain assembly comes complete for installation in a TrueDEK Classic foundation. In addition to the drain body and decorative grate, every drain for tile includes a drain gasket for mechanically integrating the drain, the shower foundation, and the waterproofing compound to form a unified impermeable structure.
Drain for tile assemblies include two collars for adjusting the height of the grate to match the surrounding tile or stone. The range of adjustment starts at ¼″ and tops out at 1″. Most importantly, grate height can be adjusted right up to the point that tile or stone are installed around it—an advantage that ensures proper water flow to the drain and promotes the best fit and finish possible.
- Every drain for tile includes a drain gasket
- Drains for tile have 4mm thick stainless steel grate
- Drain for vinyl has an ABS grate
- Drains fit TrueDEK Classic foundations
- All drains are equipped with a 2" PVC solvent weld shower drain line connector
- Drain for tile grate height adjusts from ¼" to 1"
- Oil-rubbed bronze is a durable PVD finish over stainless steel
- Polished stainless steel looks like chrome and will complement chrome shower fixtures
- All drains are in compliance with IRC, IPC, UPC and NPC codes as determined by independent ICC testing
- All drains comply with ASME A112.18.2/CSA B125.2-2011, Plumbing Waste Fittings
Please product specification sheets for details.
Composition: ABS plastic and stainless steel
Drain capacity: A 2″ dia. waste line connection will handle a water flow rate of approximately 6 to 7 gallons per minute (consult a qualified plumber to properly calculate water flow and drainage requirements for a project); shower heads typically generate a flow rate of 1.5 to 2.5 gallons per minute.
I lost the screws for my drain for tile. What sizes do I need?
All the screws that come with the drain for tile are stainless steel, and they are metric. These are available at many well-stocked hardware stores in their specialty fastener section (typically you’ll find an aisle with shelves that are filled with boxes that have slide out drawers, and inside the drawers are all kinds of unique fasteners). Here is the screw information:
1. For the four screws that fasten the adaptor to the foundation, just use #8 x ¾″ long, flathead, wood threaded style screws in stainless steel or ceramic coated. Always drill pilot holes before driving the screws.
2. To secure the clamping ring, you’ll need M4 x0.7 x 16mm long stainless steel screws. These have to be metric and the proper size and threading to fit the threaded holes in the adaptor.
Why are there more threaded holes inside the drain adaptor?
The drain adaptor is universal, for use in both drain for tile assemblies and drain for vinyl assemblies. The drain for tile versions require only two threaded holes for securing the clamping ring to the adaptor. The clamping ring for the vinyl drain requires four threaded holes, and the holes are larger to accept screws that are bigger diameter. Why is there this difference? The clamping ring in a drain for tile only has to secure the edge of a thin, flexible drain gasket; the clamping ring for a drain for vinyl has to bear down on the comparatively thick edge of commercial-grade, weldable vinyl.
Can you make a custom grate for me?
ARC isn’t equipped to make drain grates, but there are a lot of metal fabricators out there who can do a great job if you give them a design or tell them what you want.
Will drain grates from other manufacturers fit your drain?
It’s not likely. TrueDEK Classic drains come from Europe and they are made to metric sizes, in length, width, and thickness. So far, no grate from another manufacturer has been found that fits a TrueDEK Classic drain.