Are you a contractor? Click here to learn more about how to provide this product for you customers.
- the easiest, fastest way to build a curbless, level-access shower
- the rotating plate allows you to orient the drain in the best position, including centered on the shower base
- installing this shower former and waterproofing typically takes one day
- with a Tuff Form8 shower former you avoid all the difficulty and risk of notching, lowering, or altering the joists
- TF8 shower formers remove the guesswork from building a shower
- this shower base is 7/8” thick at the edges
- cover this former with tile or stone (from ¼” to 1″ thick), or weldable vinyl flooring
- to build larger showers use TruePitch extensions, appropriate mortar products, or install formers side-by-side
- install Tuff Form8 formers on any type of joists, on subfloor, or on concrete
- to complete your shower installation you will need an ARC waterproofing kit and a drain assembly for tile (choose a drain for vinyl only if you install weldable vinyl flooring)
- tile that is 2″ x 2″ or smaller conform to the pitched contours of this shower base; for tile larger than 2″ x 2″, make valley cuts so that the tile lays properly on all pre-pitched surfaces
- when installed properly on joists, all Tuff Form8 formers bases support 800 lbs. or more
- this product is covered by the manufacturer’s limited lifetime warranty
- for more details, including drain position options, please see this product’s Specification Sheet
- please watch our installation videos and understand the installation instructions before you begin your project
Find A Dealer:
About Tuff Form8 Bases
A shower builders dream.
The Tuff Form8 line of pre-formed, pre-sloped shower bases have a rotating plate that allows for easy drain position changes. Adjust the plate to position the drain at the center of your shower, or turn the plate so the drain misses a joist.
You’ll have at least 15 options to get the best drain position for your shower.
All Tuff Form8 models share the same strength, structural, and installation characteristics with the proven TrueDEK Classic line of shower bases.
Choose tile or weldable vinyl for your decorative surface material.