Designed to make installation as painless as possible, the unique rotating drain plate enables you to easily change the drain position to avoid joists or sub-floor obstructions. Each 45° turn of the octagonal plate moves the center of the drain, helping you achieve up to 15* different positions.
TrueDEK Classic8 bases share all the same structural properties of TrueDEK Classic lines; they’re made from lightweight yet incredibly strong compression molded glass-fiber reinforced plastic (GRP) which offers superior support for wheelchair users and/or those needing assistance with showering, and are the ideal foundation for ceramic tile, natural stone, or weldable vinyl flooring.
All TrueDEK shower bases offer the timeless advantages of zero-entry access which is designed to be wheelchair and disability friendly, as well as easier to clean and safer to use for the whole family, for years to come.
- Made from compression molded glass-fiber reinforced plastic (GRP) for superior strength
- 840lbs max. capacity when installed on 16″ o.c. joist systems, enough to support a wheelchair user and carer
- Waffle underside ensures rigidity while being lightweight (approx. 28lbs)
- Install on wooden joists (no need to notch, lower or alter joists), sub-floor, or concrete
- Can be cut down to size on all sides using standard power tools (within 6″ of drain)
- Extend size of pitch to comply with ADA regulations using TruePITCH Extension panels
- 6¼” drain hole diameter
- Rotating octagonal drain plate with off-center drain hole helps to avoid conflicts between drain and any sub-floor obstructions
- Up to 15 different drain positions; rotate drain plate by 45° for 8 different drain positions, 7 further positions achieved by rotating base by 180° due to off-center drain hole
- 4 pre-sloped gradient planes direct water flow towards drain
- 2% per foot or greater gradient (varies due to length of pitch)
- 7/8″ thick around perimeter
- 1¾” wide leveling rim around perimeter with pre-bored, countersunk pilot holes
- Finish with tile or stone (between ¼”-1″ thick) or commercial-grade weldable vinyl flooring
- For tile that is 2″ x 2″ or smaller, conform to the pitched contours of the base; for tile larger than 2″ x 2″, make valley cuts so the tile lays properly on all pre-pitched surfaces
- Covered by AKW limited lifetime warranty
- You will need an ARC Waterproofing Kit and Classic Drain assembly
- For more details, see Specification Sheet
- Review installation instructions before beginning your project