About FastDEK Shower Bases
For a fast curbless shower solution, try ARC’s FastDEK.
This shower base has an attractive, finished top surface, so no tile is needed here.
A FastDEK is easy to install, and it can be completed in a day. You can make it level-entry, or choose to have a small (1/8″ to 1/2″) step into the shower, which is an even faster installation process. The step-in height depends on the way you install the base and finish the surrounding floor.
The results look great and you can go from a tub to a shower in no time. Select a white or black FastDEK, then choose wall and floor covering materials that complement or contrast with your shower base.
What You'll Need
- FastDEK Installation Kit
- may need modified thinset mortar, depending on installation substrate
- 1/2″ x 1/2″ trowel to spread thinset mortar, if applicable
- Tank/10 waterproofing compound
- disposable 3″ wide brush
- scissors or utility knife
- if waterproofing a large area, a paint roller with 1/2″ nap cover
- caulk gun