About TrueDEK Classic Formers
TrueDEK Classic shower bases make building curbless showers easy and fast, without any need to cut into joists.
In most cases our pre-sloped, structural bases can be installed in a few hours, and the entire shower can be prepared for tile in one day.
Installed properly, your shower will never leak, and you can count on it for a lifetime of use — you can even remodel the tile as often as you like. And showers built on TrueDEK bases offer the timeless advantages of level-entry — easy access, easier to clean, safer, and suitable for everyone.
For over 30 years, people have been enjoying TrueDEK systems in the US, Canada, and Europe.
What You'll Need
- TrueDEK Classic foundation
- TrueDEK Classic Drain
- Waterproofing Kit (extra waterproofing supplies may be required depending on the size and complexity of a project)
- Circular saw
- Flush-cutting saw or reciprocating saw
- Power drill
- Belt sander or orbital sander
- Hammer Pry bar
- Level Caulking gun
- Speed square
- Measuring tape
- Scissors or utility knife
- 3″ or 4″ paint brush (throw-away type)
- Paint roller and cover
- Polyurethane construction adhesive (five 10 oz. tubes)—make sure adhesive bonds to plastic and wood
- Acrylic paintable caulk (one 10 oz. tube)
- #9 x 2″ ceramic-coated or stainless steel screws
- 2× lumber for blocking